3pm Healthy Sugar Fix: Raw Fudge Brownie Recipe
Recipe by: Christie Connelly
If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious and energy-boosting snack to combat that 3pm energy slump we all face, these little beauties are your go-to. My friend Hanna gave me this recipe and then I fiddled with it a bit. I’m notorious for doing that, but I believe that’s the beauty of cooking — putting your own little twist on things.
Makes: 20 small pieces
- 1 cup pecans (hazelnuts, walnuts & almonds all work great, too)
- 1 cup medjool dates (about 10), pitted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Place pecans in food processor and blitz until finely chopped to size of breadcrumbs. Add dates and blitz until finely chopped and combined with nuts.
- Add all other ingredients and blitz until mixture pulls together in a ball, about 30 secs.
- Transfer to sheet of non-stick paper and press into square shape, folding over paper to cover and help shape. Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm, then slice and serve. Keeps in fridge for up to a week.