Easy and Healthy Choc-Mint Smoothie Recipe
Recipe by: Lee Holmes
Move over mint slice, this smoothie tastes just like mint choc chip ice-cream, only it’s much healthier. In fact, the traditional biscuit-y version has got nothing on this blended variety, which is full of sweet minty creaminess, minus the bloat. You can make this in your office kitchen for a healthy treat on a hot day or at home for the family.
- 1 frozen banana, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach leaves
- ¼ cup organic nut butter
- ½ avocado, peeled & stone removed
- Handful mint leaves or 0.5mL alcohol-free peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- Handful ice (optional)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients except the cacao nibs in a powerful blender and blend until smooth. Add the cacao nibs and blend for another 5–10 seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve.